Carter had his two month exam today. He did really well considering he had to get 3 shots! He was pretty calm during his exam and not fussy at all.
Carter weighed in at 11 lbs, 6 oz which is in the 45th percentile for his age. His length is 22 inches which is in the 22nd percentile, though I think he's longer because the nurse didn't seem to be doing a good job of stretching him out when measuring him. So, he's gained 1 lb, 12 oz and grown 1 1/8 inches in the last month.
The doctor said Carter looked good and is right on track developmentally. He said Carter's eating and sleeping habits are perfect.
Carter got three shots and one oral vaccine. He got (1) Pediarix, which is a combination vaccine of DTaP, IPV, and HBV, (2) HIB, which is the haemophilus influenza B vaccine, and (3) Prevnar, which is a pneumococcal vaccine. The oral vaccine that Carter got is the rotavirus vaccine. He cried hard while getting the shots - the type of crying where he doesn't breath or make a sound for a long time and turns purple and then lets out a terrible scream. He calmed down after a minute or two and fell asleep a few minutes later.
A few hours after Carter got the shots, he started crying like this again and wouldn't stop so I gave him some tylenol because I figured he was sore from the shots. It seems to have helped and he's slept a good part of this afternoon.
I'm still running about every other day and working on losing my pregnancy weight. I'm down to 140.5 lbs (from 170 lbs). Only 13.5 lbs to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment