Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Haircuts, Pumpkins, and More

Yesterday morning Carter and I had some time on our own for probably the first time since Rylan was born. Carter's hair was getting long again so I took him to get it cut. Carter can now say "cut" and when I told him what we were going to do, he kept pointing to the top of his head and saying "cut".

When we walked into the barber shop, Carter acted like he knew everyone and knew exactly what to do. There were only a few people working and Carter waved at each of them as he walked to the toy basket to get a few toys.

I had a different person cut Carter's hair again (4 different people for 4 haircuts now). They do walk-ins on rotation and it's just worked out that we've had a new person every time.

Carter got his haircut in the front of the shop like he did the first time at the tractor seat. After getting his toys, he walked right up to the tractor and raised his arms to be picked up and put on it. He kept turning the steering wheel and making tractor noises as the woman who cut his hair set up.

Carter did great through the entire cut. The animal crackers that he munched on helped, as well as the lawn maintenance guys working outside. I really like how the cut turned out too. I think it was the best one yet.

After the barber shop, Carter and I went to the grocery store. The whole time we were out Carter was very concerned that we didn't have Rylan with us. He kept saying "baby?". He'd point at where Rylan's carseat goes or where I usually put Rylan in the cart at the grocery store and say "baby?". It was cute.

After we got home and had lunch, Carter and my mom decorated 2 more pumpkins with our Mr. Potato Head kits.






Rylan and I just watched ...


After Carter's nap, I left both kids with my mom for a little bit and went to get my hair cut. I haven't had it cut in almost a year and was way over due.

Today my mom and I ran a bunch of errands. I've been trying to find some winter clothes for Carter (mainly pants and shoes) but haven't found much I like yet. And I had to exchange a few gifts for Rylan for bigger sizes. That boy will not stop growing!!!

This afternoon I pulled out Carter's clothes from last winter and made Rylan suffer through me trying those clothes on him and figuring out what will fit him for the next few months (or weeks if he doesn't slow down).

The rest of my mom's visit has been filled with her helping me out by watching one or both boys as I get tons of stuff done around the house that I have been putting off since Rylan was born. She's gotten to spent a lot of time with the boys, but we didn't get out and do much fun stuff this visit. Hopefully next time! But I have appreciated the help and have crossed a bunch of stuff off my to do list!

No comments: