I have never made pizza before (only the premade frozen ones you pop in the oven and reheat). I don't know why it's taken me so long to try to make my own, but it has. For the last few months, I've been really good about really cooking (even if it is just for Brian and me since the kids usually won't touch our food - they usually eat earlier anyways since Brian gets home so late). I try to use all fresh ingredients - no frozen meals or things from a box. The kids and I have found a little bit of a compromise as I will let them watch some cartoons and they will let me cook (kind of).
Anyway, we went to Brixx after my half-marathon and consumed 2 pizzas (I was REALLY hungry) - the Hawaiian and 4x4. Every since, I've been craving that Hawaiian! We LOVE Brixx. They have awesome pizzas and great specials (half price appetizers and pints (even high gravities) for $3 before 6 pm). And I can usually score a buy one, get one pizza free coupon. And the kids love the hummus and pita chips appetizer (it fills them up).
So here was my attempt at copying the Hawaiian (prosciutto, pineapple, mozzarella, and cilantro).
It wasn't exactly the same or quite as yummy, but almost!

No comments:
Post a Comment