If the boys weren't digging holes, we were often building sand castles (and decorating them with shells).
An important element of the castles was the moat (so the castles actually did involve digging too).
We were digging in drier sand so the moats only held water for a few seconds before it got soaked up.
The best part of sand castles is getting to destroy them!!! Especially if someone else did all the work to build them!
I collected some shells and wrote out both boys names. I did the same thing 2 years ago when we were in Ocean Isle, NC.
Carter - 4 Years, 7 Months
Carter - 2 Year, 7 Months
Rylan - Almost 3
Rylan - Almost 1
We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours and left around 1:30 pm. After cleaning up at my mom's house, we headed back out to the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher in Kure Beach (it had looked like rain, even though we didn't get any, so I wanted to do something inside).
Alligators up close are always really cool!
Both boys touched the top of a horseshoe crab.
Shark!!!
I love this little window in the huge tank.
"We're stuck inside a shark mouth!!!"
Carter also touched a shark! It took him a minute or two to work up the courage even though these little guys weren't even moving.
There is a new playground just outside of the exit that wasn't there the last time we were at the aquarium a couple of years ago. It was unique and really fun.
On the way to the parking lot, there is a nature walk. We were watching the turtles when we noticed an alligator swimming across the pond toward the bridge we were on. The lady next to us decided to feed the alligator trail mix. As he was snapping at pieces, I thought he was going to get one the turtles instead!
I got a picture of my mom and the kids as we were leaving. Look at Carter's face!!!
























No comments:
Post a Comment