Yesterday I took Rylan and Grayson to the Nashville Library for a puppet show. This month they are performing "Hansel and Gretel", a play we hadn't seen before. Rylan asked me what the story was about before we left the house and I started telling him. When I mentioned the house made of candy, he finished the story for me. When I asked him how he knew it, he answered that he'd seen it on "Curious George".
But then he also said he didn't want to go to the play because he was scared of the witch.
I made him go anyway.
We got there about 10 minutes early and I fed Grayson because he was fussy. That made him wide awake and he actually sat on my lap and watched the entire 30+ minute play. At one point my leg felt wet and I figured he'd thrown up on me. But it was completely dark and I couldn't tell. Grayson didn't feel wet anywhere so I deduced that he'd actually pooped on me. Which he had. Oh fun.
Rylan was scared until he finally saw the witch and then stopped covering his ears and/or eyes. He still didn't like her until she got pushed in the oven by Gretel. That was his favorite part of the play and part he told Brian and Carter about.
After the play, the librarians brought out a couple of puppets for the kids to see. This was as close as I could get Rylan to stand by the witch so I could take his picture :)
Next month they are doing "Tall Tale Circus" which is my favorite of all the plays we've seen so far!



No comments:
Post a Comment