I ran the Music City Half Marathon this morning.
This was my third time doing this race (though today was a new course) and eighth half marathon. I always try to do a long race a few months after having a baby to try and stay motivated to workout. After Carter I did a half and after Rylan I did a 10 mile race. My time today wasn't amazing (2:11:11), but I beat the half marathon after Carter by over a minute :)
Today was perfect race weather - around 50F and generally overcast with a little sun later in the race. I have not been running much at all. I had been doing a lot of the Beachbody workouts (Insanity and T25), but haven't even done those the last 2 weeks because life just got too busy. But after a few days of recovery, I plan on starting back up with those and running more now that it's warmer and Grayson won't be too cold in the jogging stroller.
I had very low expectations for myself today and did better than I expected. I only walked through the water stations and kept a pretty steady pace. I'm so glad it's over though!

No comments:
Post a Comment