Grayson and I just hung out and watched this year :)
As my last several posts indicate, we've been very busy with sports this past couple of weeks. I think it all finally caught up with Carter on Monday because he struggled in the race. Brian said Carter wanted water pretty early but the first water stop wasn't until the 2 mile point. Also the start was extremely disorganized. There was no instruction for walkers to line up at the rear and Carter was weaving in and out of people for the first few hundred yards (there were even people with wagons pulling kids in front of him!). Brian said he thinks all of that mentally messed Carter up and he was done. I'm still super proud of our boy for finishing another 5K though! And his time still wasn't horrible - 37:23. Carter's age group was 9 and under and he finished 27th out of 44. He was the fastest 6 year old though!!!
Rylan's race was after the 5K. He decided he wanted Brian to run with him as well so I really got to take it easy. It was supposed to be a 1K but somehow they only set the course up to run around 1 block instead of 2. The race ended up being at most 1/2 K. Rylan still loved it. He found his best buddy from school (Mason) when lining up and ran with him too. Rylan finished the race in under 4 minutes. And he ran the whole time (which is awesome for him). I didn't know the course was short so I wasn't prepared to take a picture and only got Rylan's back (he's in the gray sleeveless shirt in the middle of this photo).
Afterwards we headed to Dunkin Donuts to make up for all the calories the boys had burned off :)






No comments:
Post a Comment