I copied an idea I saw off Etsy and made these cute invitations.
Carter invited all the boys in his class and three from his class last year. He ended up with 8 guests (plus him and Rylan). It was a perfect number - enough to celebrate and feel loved but not overwhelming and chaotic.
The Art Attic is above a little store called "The Shop Around the Corner" and is just off of Main Street on Third Avenue. The weather was still pleasantly warm so we were able to spread out onto the back deck when needed.
The party was from 2 pm to 4 pm so I didn't have to provide much for the kids as far as food. I made cupcakes and had a few packaged snacks and drinks. Carter chose Nilla Wafers and white cheddar popcorn for the snacks.
I made an art palette out of form board and grouped cupcakes frosted in the same colors so they'd look like splotches of paint.
I also made a banner based off the invitation.
Carter really wanted some balloons too so we added some to the tables where the kids painted.
Decorating was pretty simple but turned out cute!
Ms. Shannon had several options that Carter could choose from to paint and he chose to do hot air balloons. Before the kids arrived, Ms. Shannon did a basic outline of two balloons on each canvas.
Lliam:
Ian:
Charlie:
Daniel:
Pierce:
Wyatt:
Whit:
Ms. Shannon giving the boys more paint to fill in their hot air balloons ...
While waiting for everyone to get to the same point in their paintings, Ms. Shannon got out her photo booth props for the boys to use as they finished. It was a perfect activity for the boys to burn off a little energy and get to play together.
I passed out some snacks as the boys sat back down and they enjoyed those as they continued to paint.
Gray was at the party as well but he and Brian hung out on the porch most of the time :)
When all the boys were done painting, it was time for cupcakes on the back porch.
Carter loved his birthday party. And I've heard from most of the moms over the last several weeks that their boys all say they want to have their parties at The Art Attic too!









































No comments:
Post a Comment