Monday, September 25, 2017

Upper Braces & Palette Expander

Notice anything different?

Before:

 
After:


Carter is starting phase one braces.  Today he got his upper braces and upper palette expander.  He will be getting headgear, lower braces, and a lower palette expander soon.  Our sweet orthodontist likes to go slow with young kids and not overwhelm them with with too much stuff in their mouths at once.

Carter did great getting everything on.  I had lunch with him, and he said he wasn't too sore.  He only ate soft food (jello, a muffin, and ice cream for lunch) just in case.  Hopefully he's doing okay when I pick him up.

We get to turn his palette expander once a day so that'll probably keep Carter a little sore for a bit.  We got all the fun stuff I remember from having braces to keep them clean - not much has changed there.  Carter is still excited since he's one of the first kids he knows to have braces.  I'm sure that'll wear off soon enough.

Gray went with us this morning and he did not want to be left out of the photo session :)


No comments: