Carter had his first cross country meet yesterday! His middle school is the Woodland Warriors.
Practice started back on August 3rd and is every weekday afternoon. One of Carter's baseball teammates is also running which makes practice so much better. They run together at every practice (except for the few Braden has missed). Carter hasn't made any new friends yet but hopefully that'll come. It's still tough being the new ones at school and then not even going to school (and going to the middle school that less than 20% of your elementary school moves on to).
The meet yesterday was at Sunset Middle School. Because of Covid, it ended up being against just one school instead of three (the other two schools ran later in the afternoon against each other).
In middle school, the races are 1.5 miles.
For the Sunset course, the kids run 2 laps. There is a hill to start the race but most of the course is pretty flat. Unfortunately there was a crazy mud section (I saw a lot of the girls who ran the first race finish with no shoes). Here's what coach said about it when he emailed the results: I apologize for the “Mud Trench Monster”. I did not see that during our warmup and was not told about anything to look out for on the course. We’ve ran there 3 of the past 4 years and never had an issue with that area. Most shoes were collected and I’m very thankful that there were no injuries.
Here is Carter coming by at the end of the first lap.
And then approaching the finishing line.
Done!
Carter did great! He finished 50th with a time of 11:47. Coach Swanson said this course is actually 1.43 miles so that means Carter had a pace of 8:14/mile. Both the boys and girls teams won the meet!
Katie and I made Braden and Carter pose for a picture :)
No comments:
Post a Comment