Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We Passed!

Last night Brian and I took the American Red Cross certification course for Child and Infant CPR. We both passed and are now certified for one year. We learned how to perform rescue breathing, CPR, use an AED, and how to help someone who is choking when they are both conscious and unconscious. The class was specific for children under 12 and infants. We got to practice everything we learned with dummies and then had to take four 10 question multiple choice tests. You have to get at least an 80% on each test. I don't know our scores, just that we passed. I got to work with my dummy on a chair because the instructors didn't want me on the floor with my big belly. I really think it was a lot harder though doing it that way because I had to crunch over more and that made my lung capacity even smaller.

We both feel like we learned a lot and are really glad we took the course. We're thinking that next year we'll take the adult CPR class and the first aid class.

No comments: