Thursday, October 15, 2009

11 Months Old - First Steps!!!

Carter is only one month from being a year old! Wow! Brian and I were looking at pictures last night that we took of Carter's first few months and we are amazed by how quickly he's turned into such a big kid!


Carter took his first steps tonight!!! Unfortunately Brian wasn't home when he did it so only I got to see them. Carter stood in place all on his own for a second or two and then took three or four steps to me and grabbed on to me. He was really balanced and didn't fall into me, just walked to me upright. He did that five times and then was over it. He was really happy with himself though and laughing. He knew he was doing something new.


Carter is getting more personality all the time. It's getting easier to make him smile and laugh. He's been such a serious baby and it's fun to see him happy. Carter's also perfecting his wave which is sometimes just with a hand on his outstretched arm and sometimes his entire arm. He's starting to wave to more people and not just to us or the dog anymore.


When it's just the two of us, Carter is good at playing/exploring on his own as long as he can see me. If I leave the room, he usually screams and follows me. The other day I managed to leave a room without him noticing, but when he did notice, he said "mom" and then went looking for me. He doesn't say "mom" to me very often. He usually says it to someone else once I leave.


I tried Carter's Halloween costume on him today and tried to take a couple of pictures. I didn't really get any good ones, except this one, which is just funny. This is what happens when a chicken crosses the road on Halloween ...

No comments: