Sunday, October 11, 2009

Golfing

Brian and I finally went golfing yesterday while my mom watched Carter. This was the first time I've been this year and only the second time for Brian. We went to Dead Horse Lake and walked the back nine (that was the first time I've ever golfed the back nine there).

I did terrible on the first and last holes (which were both par 5 holes) but did surprisingly well (for me, which isn't that good) on the other seven holes (especially considering I hadn't golfed in 15 months). It rained Friday night quite a bit so the course was very soggy but it was also pretty empty which was nice.

We didn't do too much else this weekend other than a little shopping and my soccer game today. My mom left this morning to go back to Wilmington. We packed last week full of activities and it looks like we're going to be pretty busy again this coming week so it was nice to be around the house for a few days.

Carter is getting more and more confident with cruising and holding onto your fingers while walking. It shouldn't be too much longer before he decides to try a few steps on his own. He's also getting really close to saying "doggie". He seems to be imitating us when we say it, but I'm not sure if we'd think he was saying it if we didn't say it first.

No comments: