Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nose and Other Stuff

Carter has learned where my nose is and where his nose is. If I have his attention (he ignores me often) and I ask him "Where's Mommy's nose?", he'll point to my nose. If I ask him "Where's your nose?" or "Where's Carter's nose?", he'll usually point to his nose. He just learned that one today so he'll still often enough point to my nose.

Carter's doing great walking. He's been a real pro for a couple of weeks now. I don't worry about him when he's out of sight anymore. He doesn't fall often and when he does, it's usually because he trips on something (not for no reason anymore).

Carter doesn't have any real words yet other than mama, dada, and dog. He says something like "that" when he points to something, but I'm not sure what he's really saying. It's the same sound all the time though. He may be saying a lot more, I'm just not understanding him yet. Also, Carter's stringing together a bunch of sounds like he's saying a sentence, but it's just gibberish. He does often seem to know what we're saying to him, he just hasn't figured out how to repeat many things he hears.

No comments: