Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. Nothing too exciting at this appointment. My BP was 110/62 and I'm up to about 140 lbs (that's 21 lbs so far!). The baby's heartrate was 138-140 bpm. My doctor recently added another woman to her solo practice and my appointment was with the new doctor yesterday. My doctor did not deliver Carter and she had someone I'd never met on call over the weekend that Carter was born. I've been told that there is a 99% chance that either my doctor or her partner will deliver this next baby. We'll see.
The new doctor is okay. I didn't love her and I didn't hate her. She likes her nurse to measure your belly and listen to the baby's heartbeat. I'm used to my doctor doing these. The nurse was not good at finding the heartbeat either. She was searching for a bit and then stopped for awhile listening. I had to tell her that she was actually listening to my heartbeat. She eventually found the baby's heartbeat.
I've decided that I'm finding a new doctor after this next baby is born. The wait time has gotten ridiculous. My appointment was the first one after lunch at 1 pm. I was finally called back around 1:40 pm. The doctor finally saw me around 2:20 pm. I usually bring Carter with me to appointments so it's a challenge to keep him entertained that long. Every appointment no matter what time of day I schedule it has me waiting this long (if not longer).
We've had really warm weather (50s and 60s) this week. I love it! On Tuesday I took Carter to the park for a little bit. He's getting big enough to play on the playground. I still climbed around on all the equipment with him because there were lots of open spaces where he could have fallen 4-5 feet to the ground. Carter still trips over his own feet a lot and doesn't have a great appreciation yet for heights.
Carter really liked one of the slides. I was able to lift him up to the top while still standing on the ground and let him go down by himself.
Today Carter and I went to some huge consignment sales that started today. Amy invited us to go with her and Caitlyn so we met her at them. The first one that we went to was Jack and Jules and it was in an old Goody's store. This was the smaller of the two. A lot of the stuff was really beat up, and they didn't really have much of the particular stuff I was interested in (double strollers and outdoor play equipment like plastic slides). I bought a Fisher Price toy that was still in the box for $10.
The second sale was Duck-Duck-Goose and it was huge. It was set up in an old Kmart. When we got there, everyone was making their own parking spots in the lot already (including behind the store). I eventually found a place to make a space and met Amy at the door. I think they had already sold their really good big tickets items because they didn't have much of what I was looking for either. Their toys though were in better shape - and they had a lot more of them. I found a Little People Barn set for $10 and a Little People book similar to one Carter already has and loves for $4. It took us over 30 minutes to check out and we were in the express "5 items or less" line.
After the consignment sales, Carter and I met Brian for lunch. Carter ate a huge lunch compared to what he's been eating lately and was in such a good mood. I decided to stop by Old Navy in Maryville on my way home because we hadn't been there in a while and I was hoping they'd put some of the winter stuff on sale. And they had. We cleaned up! I bought stuff for both Carter and the new baby for next year and only spent $48. I got Carter a short sleeve polo, a long sleeve polo, and 5 long sleeve shirts. I got the new baby 5 long sleeve shirts, a long sleeve polo, 2 sweaters, a fleece jacket, and a hat. That's a total of 17 items for $48. I could have bought so much more but I didn't want to get all of the boys winter clothes for the next 3 years!
Carter's been changing a lot lately and doing some new things. I need to write them down before I forget about them!
- Carter started loving books, finally. I few days before we left for Florida he started to bring me a book, sit on my lap, and actually stay there while I read the entire book. He often wants me to read a book again and again. He loves "Goodnight, Gorilla" and several of the other books we have gotten free in the mail as part of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
- Carter has gotten ticklish, especially around his neck. He has the cutest belly laugh. Hopefully I can get this on video soon.
- Carter has also just learned to give us kisses this week. They are often wet and icky, but I love them. He comes up to our faces with pursed lips and kisses our lips. He's an equal opportunity kisser and if both of us are around, he has to give us both a kiss. I've been warned though not to let him get too into giving kisses or he'll start kissing everyone where ever we go! We are going to start reserving kisses for bedtime and such.
- Carter is getting another tooth - his bottom left eye tooth. I'm not sure if the right one is coming in yet too, but these are the last teeth before his 2-year old molars.
- Carter is getting better at taking bites of food rather than having everything cut up for him. He now likes to take bites from a banana and be given whole crackers or pretzels. He wants to do everything himself so he sometimes won't eat things if you give them to him in small pieces rather than whole things.
- Carter's appetite has gotten a lot smaller the last few weeks. I think he has just finished a growth spurt because several people have told me that he looks so much bigger recently. I'm not used to his small appetite though and it's weird when he doesn't eat much for lunch or dinner.
- Carter is very much in a tantrum phase right now. He wants to be independent and do what he wants to do so badly. It can be a huge fight to get him in his stroller or carseat. I have to use my arm and elbow to sort of hold him down while I do the buckles. I hate it but I often can't wait forever for him to decide he wants to be in his stroller or carseat. He also has the most awful scream/cry now when he doesn't get what he wants (like when he needs to go in his stroller and carseat). It's a bit embarrassing when we're in public. He still does the fall to the ground thing and scream when he's mad. I just try to make sure he doesn't hit his head on the way down and then ignore him (though I can't always do this in public). Not that you can always reason with a 2-year old, but it'll be nice when Carter can at least get what I'm trying to tell him and maybe we can work through some of these situations with less screaming and me ignoring it.
- Carter needs a haircut, I think. It's getting very unruly in the back. He sometimes looks like he has a rat tail! Some of his hair is also over his eyes in the front. Yet his hair is still pretty thin so it seems weird to be cutting it. Some of it is just really long. I'm not sure what to do but I'm scared to cut it myself and make it worse!
- Carter is still working on liking milk. I'm still mixing it with water (it's sort of like skim milk?). We are down to 2 nursings a day (when Carter wakes up and before bed). He's barely interested though so I don't see those lasting much longer. I didn't want to have to nurse Carter during the day while we were on vacation so that's why we have dropped to the 2 feedings a day. Hopefully Carter will start drinking straight milk soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment