Monday, May 31, 2010

Long Weekend Update

We had a laid back long weekend at our house as we tried to completely recover from the stomach bug we all caught about a week ago. Brian's been feeling especially yucky still though he's doing better today. Carter is finally starting to have normal diapers (mostly) so he seems to be recovering. I'm feeling okay - just worn out. Hopefully I'll get the chance to catch up on some sleep before the new baby arrives!

Saturday morning we worked in the yard. Brian cut the grass and I cleaned up our beds and entertained Carter. I drew Carter a track on the driveway with chalk intending for him to use it for his trucks. Carter thought it was more fun to run in circles around the track instead.


Carter still really likes the bubble maker he got from Tony and Tina ...



In the afternoon we got out Carter's water table and one of the sprinkler toys I bought on clearance at the end of last summer. It took a little while for Carter to warm up to the sprinkler, but he eventually ran through it a few times and used it to fill up some of his toys.



Carter trying to only get his hair wet ...


We didn't do much of anything on Sunday. Brian was feeling really bad so Carter and I ran some errands and laid low most of the day. We did get our new BOB Duallie stroller put together and the infant carseat adapter attached. This is the stroller I'm planning on using day-to-day until I'm not worried about waking up the new baby by moving him from his carseat to the Maclaren stroller. The BOB stroller is huge but so are most double strollers. I can't wait for the baby to be old enough to take both kids running in the jogger - I've really missed running the last several months!

Today we took Carter over to the playground at West Hills Park after running a few errands. Carter went down this slide all by himself, twice!


Brian helping Carter get to the top of the slide ...


The second time, Carter went down the slide on his belly ...


After Carter's afternoon nap, we took him to the pool in our neighborhood for the first time this year. Since it was dinnertime, there weren't many people there.

We bought Carter a new swim vest. It doesn't keep his face out of the water if we completely let him go, but it does make it easier to hold onto him. It's also good to help encourage swimming. A lot of kids used them in the lessons Carter did last year.


The water was surprisingly warm and we all had a lot of fun!



And congratulations to my sister, Karey - she got engaged today!

No comments: