This would only happen at Walmart ...
When Carter and I were grocery shopping today, a couple of women were admiring Carter and telling me how cute he was. Carter gets this a lot because everyone seems to love his hair color. I said my normal "thanks" and we moved on. (By the way, what are you supposed to say as a response? It's not like I have any control over how cute Carter is.) Anyway, one of the women came back up to me and asked, "Is that a boy or a girl?" I was confused and slowly answered, "Boy." And she said, "Oh, he's just so pretty. I wasn't sure."
Seriously? I don't think anyone has ever asked me if Carter was a boy or girl. Not even when he was a newborn. He was wearing a typical outfit of cargo pants and a long sleeve t-shirt today. I am still pondering how someone could think Carter is a girl.
So, Carter may be ready for one nap a day. Today I put him down for a morning nap around his normal nap time of 9:30 am. He was up early this morning - I got him around 5:30 am - so he fell asleep quickly. He then took a two-hour nap. He never takes long morning naps. I tried to put him down for a nap this afternoon around 3:45 pm and it was a bust. So that's 3 days in a row with no afternoon nap. Luckily Carter wasn't as moody this evening (probably because he took a longer morning nap), but he did fall asleep as soon as we put him to bed. I'm not sure what my plan is for tomorrow - I may try one more day of his regular two nap routine and see what happens.
I think it's time for me to move our trash can in the kitchen into the pantry. Carter has recently gotten in the habit of when he finds crumbs or a blade of grass or something else that doesn't belong on the floor, he'll pick it up and throw it in the trash can. Today, however, right after a changed the bag, he threw a spatula and one of Charlotte's toys in the trash can. I'm starting to wonder if anything else has made it in there that I didn't know about.
Carter is getting better and better at climbing on things. Today he was hanging on the stove with his feet on the handle for the bottom drawer and his hands on the handle for the door. Luckily I was right there and he didn't have a chance to lean back. The image of him falling on the tile with nothing to break his fall as the door opens isn't a good one for me. Last week Brian and I were finishing up our dinner at the kitchen table and Carter was playing. I thought he was either playing in his tent or in Charlotte's crate in the dining room. He started making a lot more grunting noises so I went to check on him. Carter was hanging off the dining room table with his upper body on the table and his legs kicking around in the air. And he was sliding his arms around on the table trying to find something to hold on to. I'm just waiting for our first trip to the emergency room.
No comments:
Post a Comment