Sunday, May 22, 2011

Eruption Cyst

Rylan has been working on getting his first molar for awhile now. It's really hard to see into his mouth though - he just wants to bite down if you put a finger in there. I had been able to see some of the white corners of the molar breaking through his gum though a few times.

Today when I was trying to get a look at the tooth I saw that the gum looked super swollen. After a little more inspection, it looked like Rylan had a huge growth where the tooth should be coming through. Actually, it kind of looked like a giant blister.

Brian did a quick internet search and discovered Rylan has an eruption cyst. There's nothing we need to do and when the tooth comes in further, it should cause the cyst to go away. I'm not sure how much it's bothering Rylan. He has been waking up more at night but he's also had a cold.

Even if the cyst is bothering him some, Rylan was happy at the playground today ...


1 comment:

Johnny and anakah style their life said...

Fin doesn't have those teeth yet! I can't believe how grown up Rylan is starting to look.