Well for a 2 year old.
There are plenty of times that he doesn't listen and does what he wants instead of what we ask him to do, but he usually listens when it's important or when we're in public. He has been testing us a little more lately by sometimes doing exactly what we tell him not to do and then looking at us with a "what are you going to do about it?" expression. But he's only done that a few times so far.
However, today, I don't know what got into him while we were at the grocery store. I always put Rylan in the seat of the cart, and because Carter will get into everything if I let him walk, I put him in the big part of the cart.
So, first, Carter thought it was funny to throw food out of the cart and onto the floor. Luckily he never threw anything that could break! After the third time, I took him out of the cart and gave him a timeout. Once he was back in the cart, he thought it was funny to step on all the food in there. I got him to stop doing that, and then he started grabbing at anything he could reach on the shelves. I kept him as far away from everything as possible, and since he was bored, he then threw two boxes of food at Rylan's head. He got in lots of trouble for that one. I was hurrying to get the last few things we needed when Carter started throwing food again. This time we were around more people and I had to use the excuse of "he's 2" a few times. It was not a fun time at the grocery store today!
It made me feel a little better though when two boys a few years older than mine knocked down and broke a bunch of watermelons. I felt bad for their mom, but I was able to appreciate that Carter hadn't done anything that required me to find a store employee to clean up a mess.
A few of the other things Carter has done lately that remind he's 2 are:
- Pouring a cup full of water over Rylan's head in the bathtub
- Taking a toy from Rylan and replacing it with another one (as if Rylan won't notice)
- Throwing food to the dog
- Putting Cheerios in his ears and saying "ta-da!"
- Throwing a fit because his fingers are wrinkled while in the bathtub
No comments:
Post a Comment