We had planned on getting an artificial tree to put upstairs in our new house that would be the kids' tree (it will have all the ornaments they make). I had bought a ton of cheap ornaments to fill the tree from Target after Christmas last year (they were all 75-90% off). I kept those ornaments out from storage because I had no idea when our house would be done (we originally expected it to not be done until 2012) and figured we'd have a tree in the apartment.
Since we have a close date for our house of December 23rd, I had originally planned on just putting a tree up on Christmas Eve in the new house. The other day I decided that I couldn't wait that long. I went searching for artificial trees and found one I actually liked at Lowe's. It's a 6.5' pre-lit tree with branches that look relatively real and only cost $128.
The boys and I picked the tree up this morning and decorated it after naps.
At first it was pretty challenging as Rylan would take off every ornament that Carter put on. He eventually got bored of that and played with some toys. Carter only got bored when there were about 20 ornaments left. He was such a good helper. He even put the hooks on the ornaments all by himself. He kept heavily decorating one area until I'd suggest he try another place (there are 2 or 3 ornaments on each branch where he was decorating).
As we were decorating, Carter kept asking me "Do you like your new tree, Mama?" It was really sweet. And then when I'd tell him he was doing such a good job, he's say "You doing a good job too, Mama."







No comments:
Post a Comment