Wednesday, December 14, 2011

House Update

There hasn't been much to report on the house the last few weeks. There have mainly just been small changes. And now the house is locked so it's not so easy to get in and see the changes.

I spent a couple of hours there last week with a saleswoman from Budget Blinds measuring windows and deciding on what we wanted. While there, I got to look really closely at the house and make a long list of little things I wanted fixed. Nothing was major - it was mostly drywall repairs and they may have already fixed those things.

When we were going over selections in the design center back in August, we were informed that the city of Franklin was requiring that an arbor be built over our garage because it faces the road our neighborhood is off of. That went up the end of last week ...


Not much landscaping is included in the basic package (just front beds around the house with small plants). However, when going over our lot layout and the driveway plan, we'd been told that there would also be landscaping in the semicircle created by our driveway. We asked the builder about it a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd look into it. This is what they decided to put in ...


I'm not sure yet if I like them.

We thought they'd just put in small plants like they had along the house, but instead they put in these five giant (10 - 12 feet tall) trees. They probably cost way more than all our other landscaping combined! I sure hope these don't grow much bigger.

No comments: