I decorated the kitchen on Wednesday night by hanging balloon garland and putting up the "Happy Birthday" sign I had made for his party last year.
We put out Carter's presents too so he could open them when he got up. We got him a new bike (he still needs to get better at his balance bike because we are trying to not put the training wheels on this one), a Rescue Bots firehouse, and a Leap Frog Tag solar system book set (all from 70% off sales at Target). He also had presents from all the grandparents to open.
Carter woke up at 5 am complaining that his stomach hurt (he's had some tummy issues for about a week - nothing major but he's been complaining a bit). So we had him "cuddle" in bed with us (annoy us) and watch cartoons until Rylan got up not much later.
Carter loved all his gifts!
Next we made blueberry muffins (a favorite of the boys right now).
Please ignore my dreadful singing!!!
The boys had school on Thursday. They helped me make cookies on Wednesday afternoon for Carter to bring to his class. I have a recipe that holds the shape of the cookie cutters well but that means making the dough from scratch. It's fun but messy with the help of the kids!
We made "4"s.
When I picked Carter up from school, I brought in balloons for him. He loves Spiderman so I was really happy to have found a Spiderman balloon at Publix! He was really surprised and then everyone was telling him "happy birthday" as we walked out.
Ms. Anne put a sign outside the classroom announcing Carter's birthday and he also got to wear a crown!
And then left over cupcakes from Carter's party with one last round of singing! Again, please don't turn up the volume!
Today Carter kept telling me he could do things by himself because he's 4 now. That works for me and hopefully he keeps it up!






No comments:
Post a Comment