Besides pushing my buttons with his stubbornness and moodiness (and rudeness) lately, Rylan decided he could draw on furniture and a wall. What?!?! My kids don't do things like that :)
I leave the crayons and colored pencils in pencil boxes on the easel in the dining room. Apparently Rylan got out a green crayon and drew a small line on the wall near the garage door. I didn't notice that one. But I did see one black horizontal line on the cabinet where we keep diaper and games downstairs. The crayon was still sitting on the cabinet and I asked Rylan if he did it. He said no but had a sheepish look on his face. After asking him nicely several more times and telling him he wasn't in trouble, he admitted to it. I asked if he drew anywhere else and he said no a few times. Eventually he showed me the line of the wall. We talked about it and I was sure he knew not to do it again (obviously by lying initially he knew it was wrong). I told him I was trusting him and left the crayons on the easel.
I hadn't had a chance to clean off the crayon marks yet and I found a vertical line on the cabinet the next day. Oh, Rylan!
The crayons and pencils have been moved to the kitchen table for now where I can monitor them a little better. I hate to hide them because I want the boys to see them and remember that this is one of their options for entertaining themselves. It's been over a week and I haven't seen any more "art work".
The boys and I took Charlotte for a walk several days ago. The ponds in our neighborhood have been frozen a lot this winter. I had assumed the ice was pretty thin but the boys and I decided to test it by throwing rocks at it. We couldn't get any to break through - even the huge rocks I threw as hard as I could!
The last Sunday in January was warm and we were able to steal Brian away from work for a visit to the zoo. He's been really busy the last few weeks and it was fun to get to hang out with him for awhile!
We played Mario Kart on the Wii the other night. I don't think I've watched Rylan play in a month or two and he is suddenly good (for a 3-year-old)! He can finish a course in a really reasonable time. I had never even seen him finish one before. He usually just banged off the right wall, then the left one, and back and forth, and usually went backwards more than forwards.
We've been working on the boys' Valentines for their classmates. Rylan decided he wanted to write his own name on his. He's NEVER even tried to write his name for me before (he is SO STUBBORN). I wrote it for him to copy and this is how his turned out. I see each letter and am impressed with his very first attempt.
Last week was "O" week in Carter's class and he brought the octopus that GG and Papa Art bought for him at the aquarium on his very first trip to the beach in 2009.
On Saturday Carter went to a birthday party at Pump It Up for Molli in his class. I think she had just as many kids at her party as Carter did at his! Carter is in the upper left holding hands with Sarah Kate. He loves the ladies :)
His handwriting is getting better too!
On Saturday afternoon we met up with our friends (Amy & Chad) from Knoxville who were visiting their family in Murfreesboro for the weekend.
Caitlyn is about 6 weeks older than Carter and Alek is about 6 weeks younger than Rylan. We met up with them at Old Fort Park. We hadn't been their in a couple of years and the playground had been replaced with a brand new awesome one. The kids had a blast even if they didn't play with each other very much (it was warm so the place was packed).












No comments:
Post a Comment