Carter is still taking art lessons on Friday afternoons at Firstlight Arts Academy. His class is from 4:15 to 6 pm and it's for 8 - 12 year olds. Sometimes he's not overly excited to go, but he's always happy and seems to have fun when I pick him up. I think it's hard to have the class at the end of a long school week with activities every single day after school, but Friday is the only day that doesn't overlap with sports.
I think Carter is definitely learning techniques and improving his skills. Here are a few things that came home in the last few weeks (a lot of the kids' drawing is in their sketchbook which stays at the studio).
A gift - the kids were working on how to draw a box and also the shading/shadow.
This week the kids had to create an advertisement. I'm sure there were things they were learning from this, but I'm just not sure what!
On this week, the kids were studying cylinders. There were several things the kids could draw. Carter drew part of a woman and her arm was the cylinder. Afterwards he added more detail on his own which was to put a dresser with a mirror in the background which then included the woman's reflection. Carter's art teacher was super impressed :)
Carter is not our only artist in the family. Rylan is pretty stinking good himself. Here's an egret he drew recently ...




No comments:
Post a Comment