Rylan is still excelling after having such a great year at Otter Creek last year. He's able to read just about anything to me. He hasn't wanted to read any chapter books yet, but I'm sure he could do some easy ones if he wanted.
Rylan is doing a great job spelling too. I'm amazed how well he sounds out words, and often correctly! He's such a perfectionist that I'm impressed when he comes home with work where he has misspelled something. He is so hard on himself and completely breaks down for me whenever he gets anything wrong.
Rylan gets pulled from class a few times a week to do extra math and reading work. I'm glad he's getting a little extra work to make sure he is still challenged since he did a kindergarten program last year.
Carter is also now getting pulled again to do extra math and reading. I have no idea how the teachers decide this and it doesn't seem to carry over year to year but I'm glad Carter is getting the extra work again.
The math worksheets he brings home from these sessions are fun problem solving practice.
I love to read the stories that Carter writes at school this year. This was a funny one ...
My name is Carter and this is my imaginary adventure to the ocean. I am going with a octpous named Ponder I got from the zoo. Ponder the octpous hase strong arms to fight sharks. Ponder and I went throuw the pipes to get to the ocean. In the pipes it took so long I took a nap. Ponder had to give me a ride to the ocean (in the pipes I was frezeing). Befor we went in the pipes I packed a air tank to breath in the water. Then I saw a shark and right then Ponder hit the shark away. This was the best imaginary adventure.




No comments:
Post a Comment