Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's New Food: Pasta

Carter tried pasta today. I found some small pasta that seemed small enough for Carter not to choke on.


I cooked it.


Then I mixed in some applesauce to give it a bit of flavor.


Carter did okay eating some of it. He was tired and a little grumpy so it was hard to tell how much he did or didn't like it. But he ended up eating about half the bowl.




I had a soccer game tonight that started at 6:30pm so Carter got to stay up way past his bedtime (about 1 1/2 hours late). I'm hoping that staying up may make him sleep later in the morning. He's been waking up really early the last few days (before 6am - closer to 5am). Typically he'll sleep about 10 hours at night and get in 2 hours of naps during the day. I really hope he starts to sleep a little more soon! I feel like I'm giving him the opportunities and conditions to sleep longer but he's just too interested in seeing the world. But there are still a few more things I can think of trying so I'll see if those might help.

Naps in the crib have been going well. Carter is now up to a solid 25-30 minutes (at least) per nap while in his crib. So he's sleeping as well there as he used to in his bouncer. I've even been able to transfer him to his crib if he falls asleep on me while eating. He's typically taking 3 naps per day right now.

No comments: