Sunday, January 3, 2010

Carter is a Sponge

Carter is learning so much right now. I keep saying that he understands everything that we're saying, but I keep forgetting specific examples. Here are a couple from the last few days ...
  • Carter brought down a bib from the laundry room before lunch. He put it down somewhere downstairs and then was waiting by his chair for me to help him in to eat. I told him to go find his bib first and he right away went to it and brought it back to me.
  • I was sitting across the room and Carter was walking to his toy basket. I asked him to get his truck out and he did. I told him to make it move and he hit the button that makes it move.
Carter is also learning more body parts. He now knows nose, belly button, ears, hair, and toes.

Even though Carter seems to understand what we are saying, he hasn't really picked up any new words. Though he is starting to mimic sounds a little more. We were saying "good girl" to Charlotte and Carter started making "g" sounds that sounded somewhat similar. Maybe we just aren't listening well enough to him or expect him to say things perfectly and don't give him enough credit. Carter has seemed to learn "up" instead of just grunting when he wants to be picked up. Though it doesn't sound much different.

No comments: