Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Big Storytime

We met Missy and Heather and their kids (minus Hannah who is in a summer camp) at the Downtown Nashville Library this morning for storytime.

Carter was so excited to go there.  He had to tell Missy and Heather when he saw them that he was going to "big storytime" (we refer to the Downtown Library as the big library).

While we were there, we turned in our summer reading logs.  The boys each got a ticket to a Nashville Sounds game (our minor league baseball team), a free admission for one of several venues of their choice, and a free book.

They each got a nice hardcover book.


Brian pointed out to me tonight that the books are from Taylor Swift :)


Missy and Heather headed out after storytime, but the boys and I stuck around for Kid Kraft.  Today they made frogs.


I had to help some with cutting, but the boys did a good job gluing and decorating their paper bags.

I tried to get the boys to stand together with their frogs so I could take a picture, but Rylan was having none of it.  Carter decided he should have his picture with this big, scary head (you can turn the crank by Carter's head to make its eyes spin around).


Then he had to sit in a bunch of chairs that he said were giving him hugs.


No comments: