Tuesday, May 13, 2014

First Swim

We went swimming for the first time this season yesterday.  The water was a little cold but the kids didn't seem to notice.  Laura invited us (and Missy, Suzy, and Ashley) over to her neighborhood pool so we had a ton of friends to play with!  Laura and I were the only ones to get in (and only did about 15 minutes two times each).

Carter put his swim vest on for about 2 minutes and then swam without it the rest of the time.  He can doggy paddle about 10 feet right now so I think swim lessons (which we have Memorial Day week) are going to help him so much.


I have a feeling Rylan is going to flip out during his intense swim lessons but we'll see in a few weeks.


He eventually put on his puddle jumper and was super confident (after a little convincing) going anywhere in the pool on his own.


Some of the boys warming up (Carter, McCabe, Chase, Cole, and Will) ...


We were at the pool from 10:30 am until a little after 1 pm.  Somehow I forgot to put sunscreen on the boys a second time (no one else did either so it never crossed my mind).  Poor Carter is pretty pink and Rylan has a few bad spots too.  At least I won't forget next time now!

No comments: