Yesterday morning I took the kids out for a little bit so Brian could get a little work done. Our first stop was the Strawberry Festival at the Franklin Farmers Market.
When we got there we saw Ms. Lisa who runs the gardening class the boys are in. I believe she is one of the main organizers of the Farmers Market. Next we visited the petting zoo. We get to met goats at the Nashville Zoo but they also had chickens, ducks, and rabbits in this enclosure.
Next we walked through the market a little bit to see what we might want to get. We ended up with exactly the things I thought we'd get. A quart of strawberries and an extra large bag of kettle corn.
We sat at the picnic tables and listened to some bluegrass music for a bit while we snacked. Rylan ate all but a few of this quart of strawberries! They were very yummy though and a million times better than most of the grocery store strawberries we get. They were completely red inside instead of a lot of white.
Carter put a pretty good dent into the bag of kettle corn. The kettle corn at the farmers market is better than any we get anywhere else. Rylan tried a few pieces and said, "It's the bestest thing in the whole world!"
Next we stopped at the grocery store to get some food for a party our neighbors were having last night and then we went over to Liberty Park which is on our way home. It has been several months since we'd done any letterboxing, and during that time, three new letterboxes had been placed at the park.
All three letter boxes were on the disc golf course.
The course seems really nice with some huge hills. Only thing better would be if it were mountain bike trails instead :)
We actually found all three letterboxes as well. Carter even found the last one when I reread the clue to him and he decided I was looking by the wrong rock and pointed me to the correct one!
And I managed to be the only one to pick up any ticks (two to be exact). Carter and Brian are the two they tend to jump on the most.
I've already bought most of the supplies so maybe we'll hide a letterbox ourselves this summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment