I hosted a tie dye party for some of our friends a couple of weeks ago. I did this last year too and it was a lot of fun again! This year we had 17 kids!
Luckily the rain held off until late in the afternoon because there was no way we were moving this inside :)
Everyone brought whatever they wanted to dye (shirts, socks, underwear!) and I provided the dye. It was super easy but just not something most of us would do with our kids normally.
Gray was nice enough to fall asleep on the way home from swim team practice and slept for the first half of the party so I could get everything going :)
Carter is my super sweetie with the little ones ...
It has been HOT this summer and our party was another day in the mid-90s. We got our as many water toys as we could - the giant waterslide, a slip-n-slide, a baby pool, and the water table.
I also made brownies (per Rylan's request) and we sang "Happy Birthday" to Rylan, Evie, Lofton, and Riley who all have birthdays in June and July.
While Rylan didn't want a birthday party this year, he did want a piñata. So we got a piñata for this party that everyone got a chance to hit once (these things don't last with the kids getting older now!). I tried to get Gray to hit it (he loves hitting baseballs off the tee) but he refused.
Once everyone left and I was cleaning up, Gray FINALLY got brave and got into the water at the bottom of the waterslide.
He even let us put him at the top of the slide a few times and went down!
After a day or two everyone washed their shirts and other things. Here are how the shirts turned out for some of us ...



















No comments:
Post a Comment