Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bears, Oh My!

Sarah and I took the kids to the zoo this afternoon. We got lucky at the bear exhibit where two of the bears were hanging out by the window. One of them even ended up going for a dip in the water! Unfortunately the pictures didn't turn out all that well with the glare off the glass and also needing to use the flash.




We had hoped to try to get picked to help wash an elephant today but we didn't realize that they don't do the program on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe we can get back before Labor Day when the program ends and try again!

We of course had to ride the carousel before heading out. Carter still loves it and didn't even need me to hold him up (though I had a hand on him the whole time just in case). Today Mary Grace rode the giraffe (to match her outfit) and Carter rode the rhino!


We timed our visit perfectly. A thunderstorm was just ending when we got there and it started raining a couple of minutes after getting in the car to leave.

Carter got to spend lots of time with Sarah and Mary Grace today. Sarah was nice enough to offer to watch Carter for a couple of hours this morning while I went over to my office to talk to a coworker about doing some work. Sarah said Carter did really well and I'm so happy he did! I'm sure he liked all the new toys and new rooms to explore as well as getting lots of attention. Sarah successfully wore Carter out because he fell asleep on the way home and even let me transfer him from his carseat to his crib when we got home.

No comments: