Rylan was super happy to get ahold of a hammer. I think Carter was just a few months older than Rylan when we started taking him to these workshops. I was constantly catching Rylan before he smacked himself in the face with the hammer.
After Lowe's we drove up to Cheekwood, a botanical garden and art museum. We bought an annual membership because they do a lot of neat events there and it's just a fun place to explore.
On Saturday mornings they have a program called Saturday AM where kids can do art projects for free. Today's project was making a train ...
Through the end of the year, the garden has a large model train exhibit. The boys loved it. Rylan was especially excited and hooted and pointed at all the trains.
After checking out the trains, we explored the gardens for a little bit until Brian's allergies got the better of him. We are really hoping these allergies end soon!
There is a random frame set up in the gardens to take your picture in ...
The Japanese Garden was really pretty ...
Carter liked watching the water cascade down this stream ...
Now that we have a membership, we'll probably be going back here a lot. There are a bunch of scarecrows set up in the gardens during October and they supposedly decorate a lot for Christmas.
The only negative of the place was that I found a tick on Rylan tonight when I was changing him into his pajamas. Luckily it was crawling on his chest and not attached yet. I thoroughly checked the boys from head to toe after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment