Monday, May 14, 2012

Gymnastics

Gymnastics is almost over for Carter.  He has one more class next Monday.  Today they let the parents come in and watch the preschool class from the gym (instead of just through the window in the waiting area).

First the kids stretched.


Then was the first of two courses.


And here was the second course.



Next they worked on their jumps on the trampoline.




Then they did some jumps on the trampoline runway.



Last was the awards ceremony.  Each of the kids got a medal and also a paper saying which skills they had mastered (they did two weeks of testing a few weeks ago).



I have no idea what a lot of these are, but these are the skills Carter has mastered:

Vault Jumps:
1. Straight Jump
2. Chasse
3. Running
4. Jump on / Jump off (Board)
5. Hurdle (One Foot to Two Feet)
6. Hurdle (One Foot to Two Feet) Board

Bars:
1. Touch Toes to Bar
2. 3 Tuck Swings
3. Chin-up @ Wall
4. Forward Roll

Beam:
1. Bunny Hops
2. Jump Dismount
3. Bear Walks

Floor:
1. Spider Walk Handstand
2. Jumps over Mat w/ Hands
3. Cartwheel

Positions:
1. Jump & Stick
2. Lunge
3. Squat
4. Knee Scale

Carter has loved gymnastics.  He is always trying to do handstands on the couch and practice other skills.  I didn't sign him up for summer and I think we're going to try to do soccer in the fall, but I do think he'll be doing it again at some point.

No comments: