As usual, we stayed very busy this week. We haven't had a moment to be bored yet this summer! Here are pictures from a few of our activities ...
The boys love pretending to be pirates. I love Carter's additions to the outfit - a construction vest and the glove for a skeleton costume!
On Wednesday we met Heather with Dowden and Lewis at the downtown library for storytime. Afterwards I took the boys to the splashground at Cumberland Park. It got into the mid-90s that day so it was pretty crowded but the boys had no trouble playing where they wanted and having a blast!
Carter figured out that if he stood on one of the fountains to stop it, the fountain next to it would shoot higher. He loved jumping up and down on a fountain and confusing the kids playing at the next one. I felt a little bad and didn't let me do it for long, but it was fun seeing him figure it out.
I've been cutting out naps for Carter on most days because if he takes one, he has trouble falling asleep at night (he'll call for one of us and want us to lay with him to help him fall asleep - it usually takes about 30 minutes, which isn't horrible). Instead of a nap, I've been making Carter do about 45 minutes to an hour of quiet time in his room where he can play with some toys. Occasionally he'll fall asleep during this and I'll wake him up after an hour (which is not fun - he's in a very grouchy mood when I do this). Carter really needs a nap still though because he doesn't really get that much sleep at night. After quiet time on Wednesday, he was on the couch while we waited for Rylan to wake up and couldn't stay awake any longer.
The boys started their summer gymnastics today. They were SO EXCITED. When we got there, they were literally bouncing off the walls as they waited to be let into the gym.
The boys are in the preschool class together (Rylan did mommy and me this spring). Coach Adrian said Rylan did great so he'll be staying in the preschool class (he's right at the cutoff age and could be in either).
Immediately after gymnastics, we headed over to Radnor's neighborhood pool for his birthday party. The water is finally warm and we had a lot of fun. One of the favors were plastic water guns like we had as kids. They were a big hit! Carter got me right after this picture was taken!
When Cher was getting the cupcakes out, Carter said, "I'm going to sit next to the birthday boy!" I think he's figured out that if he sits close to the birthday kid, he gets cake quicker!
I took one level of floatation out of Carter's swim vest today and he still did fine swimming everywhere. After another couple of visits to pools, I'll take out another (I think there are 5 total???). Maybe by the end of the summer, he'll be good with no floatation help!
We went to McDougal's in Nolensville for the first time tonight. The restaurant has a nice rustic atmosphere and these fun saddles to sit on!














No comments:
Post a Comment