Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cheekwood Harvest

It was gorgeous here Friday so Missy and I took the kids to Cheekwood.  Missy had all three of her kiddos and I had just Rylan.  We definitely missed Carter and need to go back before the scarecrows are taken down!

Our first stop was the pumpkin patch.  It was in a different area this year but didn't require going down a dozen steps which was really difficult with a stroller in the past.  I got a few cute pictures of Rylan posing with the pumpkins ...






There were a few games and a fun plywood cutout in the pumpkin patch as well.



Next we went to check out the scarecrows.  Like last year, they were on one path instead of spread throughout Cheekwood.  I liked it much better when they were spread out because the kids got really excited each time they found one.  Now they just run through the small area so fast that they barely even see them.

I think the kids all loved the two Olaf scarecrows.



We didn't make a scarecrow this year (it's been a hectic fall) but I was planning on doing one next year.  I was planning on a Lego scarecrow.  It looks like someone also had that idea this year ...


After letting the kids run around at the end of the trail collecting some sort of nuts and having snacks, we headed toward the treehouse and trains.

Swinging under the treehouse ...


Rylan and Luke kept holding hands (not sure who initiated it) - it was really cute.


We stopped in another nice spot for a picture ...


Rylan always has to do some silly faces (I deleted most of them) ...



Before leaving, we went down to the ponds and got a few more pictures.




Hopefully we'll have a nice weekend after the baby is born and get back to Cheekwood for our Christmas card picture (we've taken it there the last few years).

No comments: