Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Day

Today was a really busy day for us.

This morning Rylan and I had another "date". We took my car in to have the tires rotated and then stopped by Target to pick up a few things. When we got home we dyed Easter eggs. Then I went to the dentist to get a crown while my mom watched the boys and gave them lunch.

After I ate a quick lunch, we decided to skip Carter's nap and went to the zoo. He took a short nap in the car on the way there and on the way back.

Carter grabbed a map of the zoo on our way in. He was really cute studying it like he really knew where we were and what he wanted to see. He was able to pick out the pictures of the monkeys, say "ahh-ahhs", and start walking off.



We fed some camels again today ...


And hung out with Georgie the Gibbon for awhile ...


Carter's favorite animals of the day though were the many, many caterpillars we say everywhere we walked.


I had Rylan in the Bjorn most of the time so that he could see the animals better but he started getting fussy and fell asleep right after I moved him to the stroller ...


We stayed almost 3 hours and left right before the zoo closed for the day. When we got home, I made dinner while the boys played outside with my mom. After dinner I went through the boys' closets and dressers and put away most of their winter clothes. I also got out most of Carter's clothes from last summer for Rylan. Rylan wasn't in the mood for trying on clothes but I think all of Carter's shorts are too small for him. Maybe tomorrow we'll go shopping so I can find both of these boys some shorts!

Then the boys got baths and I got them both to bed. It was a long day but I think we all had a lot of fun and everyone should sleep well tonight!

No comments: