Saturday, August 23, 2014

Harvest Day

This week's gardening class was called "Harvest Day".  The garden was not extremely successful this year so the kids didn't actually harvest anything.  Ms. Lisa seemed to have trouble with getting volunteers this year and the weeds just took over completely.

At the beginning of class, the kids all colored gardening pictures and took a picture with the class logo to put on the Farmers Market website.


All the kids were excited to be using brand new Crayola crayons :)

Next the kids got to collect seed packets to plant at their own houses in the spring.


We ended up with lots of interesting things that may or may not get planted (we still have seed packets in the fridge from last year!).


At the end of class, Ms. Lisa passed out a treat for all 5 kids that attended class - a watermelon from the Farmers Market.


Besides looking like I have a watermelon under my shirt, I'm going to turn into one because I'm the only one in our house that eats watermelon and I had also just bought one at the grocery store!

Next week is the last class of the year!

No comments: