Sunday, September 29, 2013

Recent Pictures

I've continued to draw a picture everyday on Carter's napkin in his school lunchbox.  I don't think I can top the one I did on Thursday!


Carter's Thursday speech session is 45 minutes for another few weeks so Rylan and I have continued to go into Crockett Park and play by the creek.  Throwing rocks into the almost dry creek has been fun because it's actually challenging to hit some water (we haven't had much rain this month).


The bridge has been covered in the fuzzy caterpillars.  There are dozens of them going back and forth all over it.


Originally Carter had another child in his Tuesday speech session but he was by himself during his Thursday session.  This week though another boy joined his Thursday session.  On Tuesday there is an assistant that helps Ms. Rolonda but I don't think she's there on Thursday.  Anyway, Carter actually knows the boy in Thursday's session.  They go to preschool together, and he was in the classroom next door to Carter last year.  The classes did a lot of stuff together so Carter and Christopher thought it was fun to see each other at speech.

Last night one of our neighbors set off a bunch of fireworks they had left over from the 4th of July.  The boys loved the sparklers and small fireworks.  Rylan wasn't a big fan though of the really loud fireworks that weren't much smaller than the ones at professional firework displays (we were all of 10 yards away from where they were shooting them off too).  I had to hold him and he'd put his hands over his ears.



We stayed around for about 30 minutes after we ran out of fireworks and my boys ran around the neighborhood with the bigger kids.  They were not happy when I made them go home.  But after a sheriff's car showed up due to a complaint call from an adjoining neighborhood, I decided it was time to get home :)

Yesterday we had spent most of the day at the soccer fields.  The kids had pictures before their games which meant we had to be there almost an hour before each game.  We had enough time between games to run to Chick-fil-A for lunch and let Rylan take a 10 minute car nap.  The boys went to bed a little late because of the fireworks but Rylan was still up by 5:30 am.  I had planned on Rylan getting a good nap in his crib today but when Brian and I were finishing up outside from aerating the yard, Carter came back outside to tell us he was bored and wanted someone to play with him because Rylan fell asleep.  WHAT!?!?!  It was only 10:15 am!  Unfortunately he then only got an hour nap on the couch today :(



It rained this afternoon so we picked up some pumpkins to decorate.  We have a bunch of the Potato Head kits which are less messy and easy for the kids to use.







Carter took my phone after I finished taking pictures of the pumpkins and got this sweet one of Rylan with Charlotte.


No comments: