Since Carter's school program on Wednesday overlapped with Rylan's gymnastics class, we skipped class (we're doing a make-up on Monday) and went to storytime at the Brentwood Library before the program to take up a little time. Carter was a little mad that he didn't get to go (they have storytime on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so Carter always has school - he'll get to go a lot this summer though, I'm sure). Carter asked me to make him the craft too and I told him I would.
At the library we saw Holly, another mom from Carter's class, with one of her younger kids. When it was craft time I told her I was getting two of everything to make one for Carter. She told me she knew.
Apparently when Holly was dropping off Lyla, she mentioned to Lyla that she and Betsy were going to storytime. Carter overheard this and told Holly that his mom was making him the craft.
I'm glad I didn't forget the off-hand comment! We made cats since the book that was read was one of the Splat the Cat books.
After Wednesday, no one has cared about the craft and it'll probably we tossed today :)

No comments:
Post a Comment